The Lunenburg Ocean Centre (LOC) is a shared Oceanographic Centre with supportive marine services on Lunenburg's historic working waterfront, part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
A place where passionate individuals, rights holders, organizations and government agencies can openly collaborate on sustainable ocean initiatives that support a healthy ecosystem and generational livelihoods in coastal communities.
160 BLUENOSE DRIVE
Located in the secure Ocean Gear complex, at 160 Bluenose Drive, the 2nd floor warehouse is 3,000 sq ft of interior work space plus ample work space dockside for equipment preparation.
A berth along side one of the two secure wharves is the launch point for our Marine Services to support your work in Lunenburg Bay and adjacent waters.
194 MONTAGUE STREET
194 Montague Street (1,200 sq ft) provides conference rental desks and meeting spaces. Our staff can assist with your event set-up and organize outdoor team building activities and/or catering from the amazing local restaurants.
The warehouse at 160 Bluenose Drive was originally built by Lewis Anderson and Co. in the 1880's. The side addition was made by Zwicker and Company in the 1940's.
Letson's 1896 biographical profile in "Historic Lunenburg" reads as follows: In 1873, Lewis Anderson left the firm of James Eisenhauer and Co. and started his own business. Lewis Anderson for many years occupied a prominent place among the businessmen of Lunenburg and it was mainly through his enterprise that Lunenburg entered upon the career of business prosperity which she today enjoys. It was through his energy that the West India trade which had almost entirely ceased was revived. Withdrawing from the firm of J. E. Eisenhower and Co. he took as a partner, James R. Rudolf esq., who still continues this business under the name of Lewis Anderson & Co. Mr. Anderson died in 1888 respected and esteemed for his sterling qualities of mind and heart. About 1910, the Anderson premises were acquired by Zwicker and Company and were in turn sold off by the company in 1977.
Head Office at 160 Bluenose Drive, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia